How to easily map a SQL Server user to databases?
- Select the login you want to grant or deny access from the “Logins” sub-folder in the “Security” Folder in the SQL Server
- Right click on the user and select “Properties”
- Select “User Mapping” from the “Select a page” section
- You will see the list of databas in the “Users mapped to this login:” section
- Tick the check box in the “Map” field/column for databases you want to grant access for the selected user and ensure you un-tick the check boxes you don’t want your user to access
- Select the database role you want to grant for this user from the “Database role membership for:” section. This will allow you to fine-tune access rights.
You can easily enable/disable users from accessing databases in seconds.
Easy method to allow or block SQL server databases for SQL server users.
You can see a screenshot below this post: